About us: The SUNY Erie Career Centers are certified American Job Centers. American Job Centers are designed to provide a full range of assistance to jobseekers under one roof. Authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), we offer cost-free career coaching, resume writing, workshops, job listings, grant funding training/books for tuition in Erie County's Demand Occupations for eligible individuals, and similar employment-related services.
Effective 11/23/2020, all SUNY Erie Career Center services are offered through video appointments via WebEx and/or phone appointments to comply with New York State and SUNY guidelines. Please call us at 716-270-4444, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online for our free workshops at https://elinks.ecc.edu/onestop/. Our experienced Career Coaches can help guide you through your job search, resume preparation, interviews, training needs, promotion, and career transition. We look forward to connecting with you!
Free workshops, networking meetings, and other events to help you feel confident and productive.
You must be registered with New York State's Career Center system to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free resources. If you are not registered yet, please attend our virtual orientation workshop.
Virtual workshops such as Boost Your LinkedIn Profile, Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching, Tips for Video-Based Interviews, and Resumes and Cover Letters teach you what you need to know to succeed in today's challenging times. Our free virtual workshops are synchronous (live) which allow you to interact with our Career Coaches, ask questions, and receive lots of individual attention. Workshops and meetings include:
- Afternoon Networking Job Club: Meet others looking for work, share job-hunting experiences, build new contacts, and receive advice. Led by SUNY Erie Career Coaches Monique Carr and Rashada Stewart.
- Boost Your LinkedIn Profile: Learn how to enhance your basic LinkedIn profile and why it is important for leveraging job calls.
- Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching: Do you need assistance navigating the job search process during this economic slowdown? This virtual workshop will offer tips and strategies to guide you in your job search. We’re here to help you succeed!
- Getting Better Results with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS): When a job candidate applies for a job online, most often, his or her resume is “parsed” or read by an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Learn how to get your resume to rank higher within ATS software so that it will have a better chance of being seen by human decision-makers. Taught by Denise Raymond-DiBlasi, Dean of Employment & Training Services.
- How to Make Your Resume Applicant Tracking System (ATS) Friendly: Learn how to adapt your resumes to Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and identify relevant competencies for a position. Taught by Denise Raymond-DiBlasi, M.S., CWDP, Dean of Employment and Training Services.
- LinkedIn Review with Rashada: About this virtual appointment: This session is for individuals who are currently on LinkedIn and would like a constructive review of their LinkedIn Profile and Work History from Rashada Stewart, M.S., SUNY Erie Career Coach and Certified Professional Resume Writer. Prerequisite: you must have a LinkedIn account and be registered with our local workforce system to access our free career development services.
- Orientation for Career Center Jobseekers: Receive information about the cost-free services available to jobseekers from friendly and resourceful staff at the SUNY ERIE Career Center. This virtual workshop includes a presentation, introduction to staff, opportunities to ask questions, job search tips, and one-on-one time with a Career Coach.
- Personal Branding: In this digital age, it’s important to think about your online presence. This workshop will help you start thinking about your personal brand and provide you with practical steps on how to start building and communicating the value you can bring to potential employers.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Do you need a resume or a resume makeover? Let’s get to work! Taught by Monique Carr, M. Ed., SUNY Erie Career Coach.
- Time Management: Learn how to manage your time effectively to accomplish what is most important to you, meet deadlines, while reducing and managing stress. Led by Rashada Stewart, M.S., SUNY Erie Career Coach and Certified Professional Resume Writer.
- Tips for Video-Based Interviews: Learn how to switch gears from in-person interviews to virtual interviews.
- Trade Act Information: This virtual workshop will review Trade Act (TAA) program benefits, processes, and services, including extremely important time sensitive deadlines. Only workers from companies certified with petitions should attend this workshop. Taught by Karen Daube, M.Ed., SUNY Erie Trade Act Specialist and Job Developer II.
New York State’s Career Centers are proud to offer Priority of Service to Veterans and Eligible Spouses. If you served on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces, we will serve you first by the next available staff member; and give you first priority to any jobs or training for which you are eligible and qualified.
Funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). An equal opportunity employer/program. All One Stop Career Centers are handicapped accessible. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. A proud partner of the American Job Center Network.