About us: The SUNY Erie Career Centers are certified American Job Centers. American Job Centers are designed to provide a full range of assistance to jobseekers under one roof. Authorized by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), we offer cost-free career coaching, resume writing, workshops, job listings, grant funding training/books for tuition in Erie County's Demand Occupations for eligible individuals, and similar employment-related services. Constituents and students can visit our centers in person or access our virtual services.
COVID 19 update: The SUNY Erie College North Campus Career Center located in Gleasner Hall has reopened. Here is what you need to know:
- Your safety is our priority! Masks are required with strict social distancing protocols.
- Registered participants should call their Career Coaches for an appointment. If you do not have a Career Coach yet, please call us at 716-270-4444. Same day appointments are often available.
- In-person career coaching appointments are available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Virtual career coaching appointments are available 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday and on Fridays 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Individuals will be screened at the checkpoint on Tech Drive between Main Street and Wehrle Drive in Williamsville going in and out of the campus.
- Color-coded bracelets will be provided to campus visitors indicating they have been checked and have permission to be onsite.
- Constituents and food pantry visitors must let Security know that they are here for our Career Center.
- An app is being developed and will be ready soon for staff, constituents, and students. Individuals who don’t have the app will be provided with a phone number to call and answer screening questions.
- All workshops and group-based meetings will be virtual through WebEx until further notice.
Please contact Denise Raymond, Dean of Employment & Training Services II if you need additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-270-4444.
Free workshops, networking meetings, and other events to help you feel confident and productive.
You must be registered with New York State's Career Center system to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free resources. If you are not registered yet, please attend our virtual orientation workshop.
Virtual workshops such as Boost Your LinkedIn Profile, Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching, Tips for Video-Based Interviews, and Resumes and Cover Letters teach you what you need to know to succeed in today's challenging times. Our free virtual workshops are synchronous (live) which allow you to interact with our Career Coaches, ask questions, and receive lots of individual attention. Workshops and meetings include:
- Afternoon Networking Job Club: Meet others looking for work, share job-hunting experiences, build new contacts and receive advice.
- Boost Your LinkedIn Profile: Learn how to enhance your basic LinkedIn profile and why it is important for leveraging job calls.
- Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching: Learn tips to guide you in your job search.
- Getting Better Results with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS): When a job candidate applies for a job online, most often, his or her resume is “parsed” or read by an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Learn how to get your resume to rank higher within ATS software so that it will have a better chnace of being seen by human decision-makers. Taught by Denise Raymond, Dean of Employment & Training Services.
- LinkedIn Review with Rashada: About this virtual appointment: This session is for individuals who are currently on LinkedIn and would like a constructive review of their LinkedIn Profile and Work History from Rashada Stewart, M.S., SUNY Erie Career Coach and Certified Professional Resume Writer. Prerequisite: you must have a LinkedIn account and be registered with our local workforce system to access our free career development services.
- Orientation for Career Center Jobseekers: Receive information about the cost-free services available to jobseekers from friendly and resourceful staff at the SUNY ERIE Career Center. This virtual workshop includes a presentation, introduction to staff, opportunities to ask questions, job search tips, and one-on-one time with a Career Coach.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Do you need a resume or a resume makeover? Let’s get to work! Taught by Monique Carr, M. Ed., SUNY Erie Career Coach.
- Time Management: Learn how to manage your time effectively to accomplish what is most important to you, meet deadlines, while reducing and managing stress.
- Tips for Video-Based Interviews: Learn how to switch gears from in-person interviews to virtual interviews.
- Trade Act Information: This virtual workshop will review Trade Act (TAA) program benefits, processes and services, including extremely important time sensitive deadlines. Only workers from companies certified with petitions should attend this workshop. Taught by Karen Daube, M.Ed., SUNY Erie Trade Act Specialist and Job Developer II.
New York State’s Career Centers are proud to offer Priority of Service to Veterans and Eligible Spouses. If you served on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces, we will serve you first by the next available staff member; and give you first priority to any jobs or training for which you are eligible and qualified.
Funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). An equal opportunity employer/program. All One Stop Career Centers are handicapped accessible. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. A proud partner of the American Job Center Network.